The Village of Glen Flora began as a settlement called Miller’s Siding. The railroad was first opened for use in 1886. The first post office was established in Glen Flora in December 1887. Within a short time three large sawmills were in operation and lumber, shingles, ties, and barrel stoves were shipped by rail.
Since that time Glen Flora has become the center of a farming community. In addition, the Village has an active industrial including a Screen Printing company that has over 250 people employed .